Interim ED Program
What do you do when it’s time to find a new ED? Board members are suddenly asking each other: Should we promote internally, start a national search, find an interim, or have a board member step in to lead? Fortunately, Greenlights’ Interim Executive Director program can help you buy the time you need to make the right leadership decision by putting in place experienced, stable leadership during your organization’s time of transition and risk to make the time between leaders one of productivity and opportunity.
"We needed an experienced Interim Executive Director to ‘keep the trains running on time’ and provide an environment of calm, professional transitional management. That is exactly what we got. The transition from founder to new ED would not have been remotely as successful without utilizing Greenlights' consulting services."
- Jim Buck, 2011 Board Chair, Ascend Center for Learning (formerly The Austin Academy)
Since the inception of our Interim Executive Director program in 2008, our Interim EDs have provided more than 12 years of IED service to the Central Texas nonprofit community. The former Executive Directors in our pool are well-equipped to guide an organization through a time of change, helping the board and staff lay the groundwork for success while a thoughtful and intentional search for a permanent Executive Director takes place.
Greenlights Interim Executive Directors are:
- Former Executive Directors who have also served as nonprofit board members
- Specifically trained by Greenlights in the specific skills needed to serve as an interim ED
- Able to provide a calming, stabilizing influence on your organization during an often complex time of transition
- Trained to provide the board an independent, objective evaluation of the strengths and challenges of the organization during their placement period
- Available to you as a cost-effective solution to your interim leadership needs
Learn more about how your organization can manage a transition with the support of an Interim Executive Director. Contact Tara Levy, Senior Consultant, at (512) 477-5955 x235.
Members of Greenlights' Interim Executive Director Program
Click on name to download member fact sheet
|Mary Jo ONeal
Search this Site
A Summit for Social Innovation: Join the best and brightest in our social sector at Mission Driven on Sept. 10-11 to explore bold strategies and new partnerships that have the power to solve complex social challenges.
New research reveals nonprofit sector threats: On the Verge report details the size, scope and economic value of Austin's nonprofit sector.
Become a Social Venture Partner: Invest your expertise and resources in Austin's most innovative social sector programs.