VISION AND IMPACT
Despite significant economic and population growth, our community remains overwhelmed by persistent social challenges. Mission Capital provides the tools and guidance needed to tackle complex issues and create lasting social change.
Vision: Complex community problems get solved.
Mission: We multiply the impact of mission-driven people and organizations.
CREATING EXPONENTIAL SOCIAL GOOD
Our vision – to see our most complex community problems get solved – was developed after a multi-year intensive effort to study the Central Texas social sector landscape and engage hundreds of nonprofit, community, business and philanthropic leaders in a robust strategic dialogue.
We believe big community problems get solved through the power of nonprofits, and by bringing together the best that each sector has to offer: proven programs, innovative approaches to problem solving, business savvy, political will, and long-term commitment to mission and purpose. We’re confident that we can achieve this goal by leveraging the capital needed to multiply the impact of mission-driven people and organizations.
We also believe in measuring success, both our own and across our community. We’ll know we’re making progress toward our vision and strategy when we see evidence of the following.
- Measurable improvements in the prosperity, health and vitality of those living in our community, as defined by the mission-driven organizations we work with.
- A more engaged and integrated social sector, where leaders from nonprofits, philanthropy, business and government are more connected and their work on social issues is more unified.
- Strong, mission-driven organizations (be they nonprofit or otherwise) exemplified by sustainable business models, measurable outcomes, an intentional focus on strategic collaboration, a commitment to iterative learning and innovation, and accountability that is beyond reproach.
- Austin/Central Texas becomes a recognized national hub for social innovation and impact.
TURNING PASSION AND VISION INTO REALITY
Mission Capital brings together the people, the tools and the capital needed to improve our community.
Mission Capital helps mission-driven people and organizations create lasting social change.
We invest in high-performing organizations that are making big strides in solving community problems.
The latest news on what Mission Capital is doing to solve complex community problems.
- More than anything, Mission Capital has helped us think differently and helped us drive revenue and rely less on typical nonprofit funding sources.Lucas WellsEaster Seals Chief Program Officer
I was impressed with Mission Capital’s ability to identify what we needed as an organization, but more importantly, to help us understand those needs.
- I’d recommend them if you’re hoping to make meaningful progress toward your mission in a thoughtful, measurable way.R. Brent LylesExecutive Director, Austin Youth River Watch
- Mission Capital is homegrown, they have a history in Austin. They understand the culture of Austin, and is in a position to help support that culture that is critically important to our community.Jim SusmanPresident of AIA Austin
- Social entrepreneurship is a relatively new concept here in Central Texas, and Mission Capital has taken the lead in promoting that concept in the nonprofit sector. What they’re doing through their Accelerator program and some of the consulting and training and education, is re-framing how nonprofits can think and how they can operate.Mike NellisCEO of Austin Community Foundation
JOIN OUR NETWORK
Become a Member
Access the tools, guidance and network needed to position yourself and your organization for success, and create lasting social change.
Become a Social Venture Partner
Join a network of business leaders and social entrepreneurs, and play an active role in solving complex social issues.
Become an Investor
Multiply your impact by supporting our work with more than 800 organizations and 3,000 individuals throughout Central Texas.